Wednesday, June 8, 2011

QP folders and THF are coming home today!

The school has just emailed the parent community letting you know that there will not be school tomorrow.

We will resume classes on Friday. Fifth graders have a big day on Friday. Friday and the following days will feel like the end of the year. We will work on our class memory box and end of the year reflections.

As we reflect on the year, I have heard some fifth graders worry that I am leaving because of them. The truth is I stayed because of them; I decided over a year ago that I would no longer be a teacher. I noticed that this group of students had a hard year last year, and I knew in my gut that we would have a good year together. By my estimations, we have had a great year. And I am very glad to have stayed for this group of students. I have told the fifth graders this, but it needs to be repeated. As it comes up at home, please repeat my sentiments.

It has been an honor to be the teacher of your children. And I will always remember with great fondness this last year of teaching. Thank you.