Dear Fifth Graders,
It’s hard to believe that we are in the last three days of school. I saw that you’ve already cleaned and packed your room, it looks very organized, I hope that you can help me with keeping our room organized next year!
The sixth graders are right now, working on putting the finishing touches on their writing portfolios. Many of them started off the year feeling less than excited about writing, and now they can’t seem to stop. They have written many insightful and beautiful pieces of writing, they have been surprised by what they can accomplish. You heard a little bit about this in their presentations this week. I wonder how you will surprise yourselves next year?
Speaking of the sixth grade presentations, I had a chance to see some of your feedback on what you learned from them. I think that you all heard how sixth grade can be a challenge, especially at the start of the year. Next year will be my fifth year of teaching sixth grade, and I can vouch for what the sixth graders shared with you, it CAN be a challenge. Getting used to a new schedule and working with new peers does take time for you to get used to and to feel comfortable with. But it will be okay, and in the end you may even find yourself having a good time!
One part of next year that I am really looking forward to is spending the whole afternoon with you. Right now, it feels like I hardly see my sixth graders, as I only teach them reading and writing. Next year, I will be teaching you math, reading, study skills and writing. I’m excited to have the whole afternoon with you guys each day and to get to know each of you. I hope and pray that you all have a wonderful and relaxing summer. Read lots of books and write to me about them, if you would like! I always love hearing about what my students are reading. When I am not away traveling, I will be checking my e-mail regularly!
Peace,
Miss Rupke